Homepage Animals & Adoption Lost and Found Animals

To Report a Lost or Found Animal

To report a lost or found animal please call the shelter at 970-625-8808. We have a lost and found book and may have received a call about your pet. Hopefully have it safely at the shelter waiting for you. You may e-mail the shelter a flyer or picture of your lost of found pet. We will be happy to post it in our lobby and on our Facebook page.

If you have lost a pet, don’t give up! Canvas your neighborhood repeatedly, keep calling the shelters, contact vets, make flyers, put an ad in the paper, call radio stations…etc. Missing Pet Partnership has a website with really good ideas and advice for finding a lost pet.

We usually only have animals found or picked up in the Rifle city limits. To the right are other agencies that we would suggest calling. It’s a very good idea to call all local shelters and report your pet missing. You never know where they might end up.

Make sure your pet ALWAYS has a collar on with ID tags. Microchipping also helps your pet get back to you. We offer low cost microchipping. Ask us!

Found Animals

If you have found an animal that you would like someone come and pick up, please call Dispatch at 970-625-8095. Unfortunately, the Rifle Animal Shelter is unable to come and pick up animals.


Email Us! info@rifleanimalshelter.org
Check us out on Facebook
Missing Pet Partnership - missingpetpartnership.org

Dispatch For Garfield County
Colorado Animal Rescue (Garfield County and City of Glenwood Springs)
Divide Creek Animal Hospital (Garfield County, Town of Parachute, and Town of Silt)
New Castle Police Department (Town of New Castle)
970- 984-2302
Parachute Police Department (Battlement Mesa or Parachute)
Glenwood Spring Police Department
Rifle Police Department

Aspen Pitkin County Animal Shelter (City of Aspen and Pitkin County)
Pitkin County Animal Safety
(970) 920-5310
Snowmass Village Animal Control
(970) 923-5330
Eagle County Animal Shelter
Eagle County Animal Control (For Eagle area)
970) 328-3647;
(For Basalt area)
(970) 963-2948